December 02, 2009

Voyeuristic I am...


voyeur
vo.yeur [noun] one who is stimulated by watching sexual acts or naked bodies [especially in secret]; one who derives enjoyment from seeing misery or sordidness.

I am a voyeur.
I am very much interested in other peoples pain [and pleasure]
When I stumbled across Post Secret http://postsecret.blogspot.com/ some years ago, I was fascinated and excited that so many people were sharing their secrets. I relished devouring them, had my fill, and moved on.
Whilst I was checking out the new Mary Martin bookshop/cafe on The Parade the other day [that's a whole other blog entry] I spotted the first Post Secret book, and decided to buy it for myself as a birthday gift.
 It is amazing how a book of secrets can make you feel normal, happy, sad, empathic, lonely, connected and not at all unique.
This book is possibly the best gift I have ever given myself...for so many reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment