September 07, 2009

The folds of time


Since I was a little girl and I did a weekend workshop in origami, I have always wanted to expand my repertoire.

I figure it's the perfect art for me as it combines two of my loves...paper, and making things.

I was watching a documentary the other night which reignited my spark to take up origami. Some of the pieces were so intricate, they had over 1000 folds! Incredible.

Not only do I think this is a beautiful art form, I think it could be just what I need to practice patience...




I have been searching for somewhere that teaches this ancient art of paper folding, but it seems Adelaideians aren't that into it.

This website is rather helpful with its tutorials though...perhaps I'll start there.

http://www.theorigamipeople.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment